Models of Prayer: The Prayer of Jabez

THE PRAYER OF JABEZ 
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let Your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be freefrom pain.” And God granted His request. 1 CHRONICLES 4:10 NIV
 
BLESSING
Jabez begins his prayer by asking God for His blessing. In fact, God wants to bless us, but He is often waiting for us to ask with the right heart. When God blesses us, our lives overflow with abundance in every area. “Oh, that You would bless me...” 1 CHRONICLES 4:10 NIV
Ask God for His blessing. Recognize your need for His provision, and set your heart toward wanting
more than you need so that you can be a blessing to others.
 
T H E  P R A Y E R  O F  J A B E Z
INFLUENCE
Next, Jabez asks for more influence. As God’s blessings increase in our lives, we can ask for and experience greater opportunity to influence the world around us for Him. “...enlarge my territory...”1 CHRONICLES 4:10 NIV  Pray for more influence, and trust in Him to open doors and lead you on the best path for His glory.
 
PRESENCE
As we ask for blessing and influence, we also need to ask for God's presence, as Jabez did, so that we are not operating out of our own strength, but through the presence of God.“...Let Your hand be with me...” 1 CHRONICLES 4:10 NIV Acknowledge your need for God’s presence. Ask for His anointing and for him to put His hand on your life.

 
 
 
 
 
 
"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details." Einstein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Prayer: Guidance

Why pray