Models of Prayer: Warfare Prayers


WARFARE PRAYERS

Prayer is not only communion with God; it is also confrontation with the enemy. When Jesus was on the earth, He came face-to-face with the devil when He was tempted in the wilderness (see Matthew 4 and Luke 4), and every time the enemy tried to tempt Him, Jesus responded with a reference from the Bible. He confronted the devil with theWord of God, using the Sword of Truth to defend Himself. These spiritual warfare prayers and verses are examples
we can use and adapt to our specific situations when we or someone we know is under attack.
 

THE ARMOR OF GOD
Based on Ephesians 6:13-17
“Thank You, Lord, for my salvation. I receive it in a new and fresh way from You, and I declare that nothing can separate me from the love of Christ and the place I have in Your Kingdom. I wear Your righteousness today against all condemnation and corruption. Cover
me with Your holiness and purity—defend me from all attacks against my heart. Lord, I put on the belt of truth. I choose a lifestyle of honesty and integrity. Expose the lies I have believed, and show me Your truth today. I choose to live for the gospel in every moment. Show me where You are working and lead me to it. Give me strength to walk daily with You. I believe that You are powerful against every lie and attack of the enemy and I receive and claim Your power in my life. Nothing is coming today that can overcome me because You are with me. Holy Spirit, show me the truths of the Word of God that I will need to counter the traps of the enemy. Bring those Scriptures to mind today. Finally, Holy Spirit, I agree to walk in step with You in everything as my spirit communes with You in prayer throughout the day.”
 

THE WEAPONS OF WARFARE
Based on 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
“Father, Your Word says that no weapon formed against me will prosper (Isaiah 54:17), and I declare it in Jesus’ name. Your Word says that trouble will not arise a second time (Nahum 1:9). I declare in Jesus’ name that Satan cannot make trouble for me again, like he
has in the past. I declare in the name of Jesus that all of these prayers are answered and taken care of by trusting You. I stand on Your Word. The enemy is driven out from me; from my home, workplace, church family, children, and loved ones. I declare that he is not able to stand
against me. No weapon formed against me will prosper, because the Spirit of the Lord is with me, protecting me. I declare these truths in the name of Jesus. Anything that comes against me or my family that is not in line with the truth and will of God, I command to bow to the
powerful name of Jesus. Father God, I give You all of my thanksgiving, praise, glory, honor, and worship. Thank You for loving me, making me clean, and giving me purpose.”
 

PROTECTION PRAYER
Based on 2 Thessalonians 3:3; 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1, 10:3-5; Romans 12:1-2
“God, I bow in worship to praise You. Thank You for making a way for me through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender myself completely in every area of my life to You. I submit myself to the true and living God and refuse any involvement of the enemy in my life. I choose to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. I reject every thought that tries to compete against the knowledge of Christ. I pray and thank You for a sound mind, the mind of Christ.
Today and every day I ask for protection over my family, loved ones, and those around me—all immediate family members, relatives, friends, and acquaintances. I ask for protection during all of our travels. I ask You to watchover our financial security, possessions, health, and safety (be as specific here as you like). All that I have is Yours God, and I declare that Satan cannot touch me or anything You have given me. I rebuke the enemy and tell him to bow to the blood of Jesus that covers me and my family. He will not take what You have given us
and we are protected and provided for by You, God, and You alone.”
 

CONFESSION PRAYER
Based on Romans 10:10; James 5:16; 1 John 1:7-9, 3:8
“Lord Jesus, I confess all of my sins to You. I repent and turn away from them. I’m sorry for the wrong I have done. I confess the times I should have stepped up to do right and did nothing instead. I lay it all down at Your feet. I submit my thoughts, words, actions, and inactions to You. Thank You, God, for forgiving and making a way for me through Your Son, Jesus. Lord Jesus, I believe that You are the Son of God. You died on the cross for my sins and rose to life again on the third day. I confess all my sins and repent. I receive Your forgiveness and ask You to cleanse me from all sin. Thank You for redeeming me, setting me free, making
me holy, and giving my life purpose.”

FORGIVENESS PRAYER

Based on Matthew 6:14-15; Leviticus 19:18
“Lord, I have a confession to make. I have harbored bitterness in my heart. I haven’t loved others well. I have resented certain people and have not forgiven them in my heart. God, I know that You have forgiven me for so much, and I need Your help to follow You and forgive
others. In faith, I now forgive (name them). I also forgive and accept myself because You have made me new in the name of Jesus.”

PRIDE PRAYER
Based on Proverbs 11:2, 16:18, 26:12; 1 Timothy 3:6
“Father God, I come to You in the name of Jesus. I know pride only keeps me from You. I put down anything that would cause me to have pride in my heart in dealing with other people. Help me recognize where I lack knowledge and understanding. Help me to prioritize
others over myself. I ask You, God, to remind me daily that true humility is not thinking less of myself, it’s thinking of myself less. I humble myself before You and come to You like a child.”

GENERATIONAL CURSES PRAYER
Based on Exodus 20:4-6, 34:7; Numbers 14:18; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 8:1, 12:1
“Father God, I understand that I have inherited certainconsequences from my family, and in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I proclaim Your power to break any hold of mental or physical illness, pride, addiction, racism, other ungodly perspectives, and anything else
on me and my family that are a result of sin being passed down through parents, grandparents, or other family members (if specifics come to mind, talk to God about it). I proclaim that all generational sin ends here and now, and that I will not pass these on to anyone in my
family. Thank You, Lord, for setting me free and making a new way for me and my family.”
 

HEALING PRAYER
Based on 1 Peter 2:24; Psalm 103:2-5; Luke 1:37
“Father, in the name of Jesus, I come before You asking for healing (name yourself or someone you are praying to experience healing). My hope is in You as our Healer. I believe You are able to do this. Your name is Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals, and I believe every knee will bow to You including the name of (name disease or disorder). Thank You, Jesus, for dying on the cross so that we can receive healing. You say that You forgive our sins and heal our diseases, and I praise You for this.Thank You that the Spirit that raised Jesus from the
dead lives in us. I stand in faith believing for healing for (yourself or someone you’re praying for). Nothing is impossible for You, God! Give us peace and direction as You work in our lives.”
 

MARRIAGE PRAYER
Based on Ephesians 5:25-30
“Thank You, God, for loving us, and for creating marriage to be an illustration of Your love for us here on earth. Help me, God, to love my spouse (call them by name) the way You love me. Help me to listen to and honor my spouse, putting them before myself. Protect us
physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. We ask You to build greater unity between us, make us stronger as a couple, more devoted to one another and to You. Use us God; build us up to be an example of what godly marriage can look like. Use us together to do more than
we could ever do apart. We ask for greater influence and more impact on the people around us. We ask You to work through us in the lives of our friends, family, and even those far away. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit and move through us to bring those far from You closer, so that they can have an encounter with the Living God, who seeks and saves the lost, and who sets us free and gives us purpose.
 

 

 

 

 

 

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details." Einstein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Prayer: Guidance

Why pray